Some Days Are Like That…
Have you ever read Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day? Well, today was one of those for me — a rough day at the office. And I have to admit, I wallowed in it a bit. Not a great day for me personally. But as the day went on, I lifted my gaze from my navel and here’s what I saw:
- On this November 4 in Chicago it was bright and sunny and 67 degrees!
- 5 million people descended on our center city celebrate the baseball team that – for over a century – could not find a way to win but is now world champion!
- My boyfriend gave me a bear hug and my daughter called just to say Hi!
- The election is now only 4 days away!
- I am going to a dinner tonight to celebrate one of my good friends who has give countless hours, days, years to inspiring me and others to use our gifts for the good of the world!
Tomorrow, I may make a bigger, better contribution to the world around me. Today, I am reveling in the contributions of others. Inspiring!
What do you do when you need a pick-me-up?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!