Teaching Black History
Today’s inspiration comes from the many many people and organizations across the country teaching about black history:
- The 107 historically black colleges
- The thousands of African-American history departments at colleges across the country
- The hundreds of thousands of elementary and secondary school teachers who educate their students about black history
- The filmmakers, playwrights, poets, historians, children’s books authors, and all other writers who uncover pearls of black history and weave them into mesmerizing narratives
- The archeologists who unearth and the curators who craft displays of black artifacts
- The business men and women who guide diversity discussions that include lessons from black history
- The PARENTS and CAREGIVERS who talk to their children about black history
- ALL others who incorporate their knowledge of black history into their family and community life
WOW! That is a lot of black history education going on. Here’s to all of you who are contributing your knowledge to build a bright future.
Share your favorite inspiring stories of black history.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!